Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wishful Drinking

"If my life wasn't funny it would just be true, and that is unacceptable."
— Carrie Fisher


Just when I thought our theatre subscription had ended for this year, we received our tickets for Wishful Drinking, the Carrie Fisher one-woman production. So after dinner on an outdoor patio, Merv and I headed to the Royal Alex last night for a couple of hours of entertainment. Truth be told, Merv wasn't much in the mood to see the show and had more or less decided not to like it before we even got there. But Carrie Fisher is funny and he was somewhat amused in spite of himself.

This afternoon we will head to Havelock for a couple of days with Cath and Stan at the lake. The weather forecast is perfect - hot, sunny and dry. Jacob decided not to join us. Jono is spending the weekend at our place once again. I would guess there will be a party here tonight or tomorrow. I will make a trip to the grocery store and lay in a few supplies before we leave this afternoon, just in case the boys decide to entertain.

It occurred to me last night that we have reached the middle holiday weekend that marks the point when we move from early to late summer. That means Jacob will be back at school in less than six weeks. The time is evaporating. I think I'll double my efforts to spoil him a little more for the short weeks I still have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment