Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Emma

“Babies are such a nice way to start people” - Don Herold

I took a couple of hours out of my afternoon yesterday to treat myself to a little time with Geraldine's granddaughter, Emma. She is almost six months old now, a gorgeous baby with a sunny disposition. I've seen Emma cry only a couple of times and never for longer than a few moments. She has a smile that lights up the world. Her mom, Courtney, fed her just after I arrived yesterday and within a few moments she was fast asleep. That's when it got really good for me. Courtney handed her over.

There is nothing quite like the feeling of a baby sleeping in your arms. Some of my very favorite moments when Jacob was small, were when he was sleeping in my arms or better still, on my chest. Those moments made my heart feel full to point I thought it would burst. I spent a delicious hour with Emma yesterday, sound asleep in my arms. When she woke she was wide-eyed and smiling.

I love babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment