Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Soggy Stroll

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton

Nancy and I showed up bright and early for this morning's CIBC Run for the Cure in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. It was quite cool with the temperature at five degrees and it was misting slightly. The U. of T. campus, where the event was being held was a field of muck. I'm not sure my pink Coach running shoes can be salvaged. I was convinced the thermometer would rise and the skies would clear but no such luck. By the time we had walked half a kilometer, it was pouring. The combination of the low temperature and the relentless rain was more than we could handle. For the first time in fourteen years, we did not finish the walk. After a couple of kilometers, we gave up and headed back to the car, wet, cold and miserable.

The event still raised more than $5 million. That is the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment