Monday, October 10, 2011

Grateful

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


It is Thanksgiving morning. I am sitting in the den looking out on the ravine. The leaves are changing from green to yellow and crimson. They are glowing in the sun. Jacob is sitting near me, finishing some school work. Merv has gone outside to do a bit of gardening. It is as warm as a summer day. Simply wonderful.

This afternoon we will go to Cath's for our Thanksgiving meal. I've been looking forward to it all week. No one makes a turkey dinner like Cath. Nan will have baked her superlative pumpkin and apple pies. While the meal is guaranteed to be delicious, it is time with our family that will really feed my soul.

It would be impossible on this day to enumerate the many blessing in the abundance of my life. And so I begin this day, as I do every day with the same words to the universe - "Thank you for this day".

No comments:

Post a Comment