Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

-Rainy Days And Mondays lyrics as performed by the Carpenters



Okay, the rain is starting to get really old. It's gloomy, grey and freezing cold - the kind of weather that invades my soul and make me want to stay in bed all day. But staying in bed isn't a luxury I have time to enjoy this week. I've been burning the candle at both ends including a workday yesterday that didn't end much before ten o'clock and surrogate mothering responsibilities that didn't end until one o'clock this morning.

On Monday night around 11:00, I learned that one of Jacob's housemates, Abby, was coming to Toronto on Tuesday to see a concert at the ACC and she would be sleeping at our place after the concert along with her sister and a friend. I was, of course, happy to have her here but it would have been good to have known a bit earlier. I got up early yesterday morning to change the linens in Jacob's room and to make sure the house was in order. I drew a map to the subway, provided my contact information and headed downtown for an early afternoon meeting. I concluded my work around 5:30 and proceeded to Willow for a Board meeting arriving home around 10:00. At about 12:15, I picked the girls up from the subway and brought them home, finally tumbling into bed around 1:00. Abby had a midterm at 9:00 this morning, so I got up at 4:45 to get the girls some breakfast and get them on their way.

Today will be another long day. I'm hoping to get home from my Clinic Board meeting by 9:00. I do hope the rain will stop. I can hardly bear the thought of another wet drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment