Saturday, October 8, 2011

Luck

“Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!” - Dr. Seuss


Last Sunday when Nan and I paid a visit to the survivors tent at the CIBC Run for the Cure, we were invited to fill out a ballot to win a Pandora bracelet. I already have a Pandora bracelet as does Cath. I had decided a couple of months ago that I was going to buy one for Nan this Christmas. When I saw the prize I decided I would just win it for Nan instead. I was thinking on Thursday that I would have to go out and buy it after all, as no one had contacted me to tell me I'd won. So it was a very pleasant surprise on Friday morning to return from grocery shopping to find a message on my voicemail from the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation advising me that I was the winner.

The bracelet will be shipped to me by courier next week. I don't know what charms it will come with, but I will figure out a way to distribute the charms that works for all three of us. One of the best parts of winning was calling the girls to tell them. Cath is amazed at my luck for good reason. I've been fortunate to be the winner of a number of draws and raffles - last year's raffle draw at Eat to the Beat being my biggest prize. Merv and I loved that trip. This time, my sisters and I wil share the benefit of my win.

No comments:

Post a Comment