Friday, October 21, 2011

My Friend Gail

“That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” - Abraham Lincoln


Today my best friend Gail will walk across the stage at Royal Roads University and receive her MBA. Though Gail would tell you she is my much younger friend, she is in fact just six weeks younger than I am. For Gail to take on an MBA program more than thirty years after she did her undergrad degree is, in my mind, nothing short of amazing.

I remember the night Gail called me from Victoria during her first three-week stint on campus. She was distraught. She was a lot older than most of her classmates. She was struggling with the work load and fearful that the program was beyond her. We talked. She calmed down. And she embraced the challenge with a vengeance. And now here she is - graduating at the top of her class. Recipient of the Founders Award. Making a speech to her graduating class.

My friend Gail. Brilliant. Beautiful. Inspirational. Accomplished. I am beyond proud.

1 comment: