Friday, October 21, 2011

Licenced

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
~Author Unknown



I made a trip to Guelph this afternoon to take Jacob for his road test to get his driver's licence. He passed with flying colours. I'm really thrilled for him. This bit of independence was long overdue. After he got his licence, Merv met us in Guelph for dinner. It was a lovely meal, lively and fun and we were pleased to celebrate this milestone as a family.

The idea of Jacob driving independently raises mixed emotions in me. I love the idea that he can run errands for me and drive himself home on those nights he is in Toronto and stays out late. But I worry too. The traffic seems to be getting worse and worse with time. Drivers seem more aggressive and more careless. The good news is that Jacob has a good head on his shoulders and I know he won't take unnecessary risks, or drive drunk or get caught up in road rage. And I pray that every time he gets behind the wheel, his guardian angel will be sitting in the passenger seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment