Monday, August 29, 2011

Transition Days

"Summer is like the ultimate one-night stand.. hot as hell, totally thrilling, and gone before you know it." - Anonymous


Jacob will return to school in just five more days. I'm trying to be brave. I think he is excited about getting started on a new school year though he is feigning indifference - I suspect for my benefit. He doesn't want me to think he's anxious to get away from home. Very sweet.

The sting of his departure may be tempered a bit by the demands of my incredibly busy work schedule. My experience in consulting is that it's pretty much feast or famine. I've certainly known famine but right now I'm in feast. I've had a few nights of late when I've been awake at 4 A.M. wondering how I'm going to get it all done. I will, of course, get it all done. I always do. When these times of feast come, I don't feel I can turn down any work. I never know how long it will last, so I plow through. Somehow it always turns out.

Adding to my current load is the revving up of my Board demands. Both Boards are taking an inordinate amount of my time. This too shall pass.

My biggest challenge is to figure out how I'm going to make my schedule work in a way that will still accommodate frequent trips to Guelph. He may be back at school but time with Jacob will still be my first priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment