Friday, August 5, 2011

Lions Lions Everywhere

"It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life."
- Elizabeth Kenny


We celebrated the first of our Leo birthdays last night though Cath, the birthday girl doesn't actually have her birthday until tomorrow. But as she is at the lake for the weekend, I hosted her family birthday dinner a bit early. I am awestruck when I look at Cath to see just how beautiful and unchanged she is by time. She was stunning last night in the geometric dress I gave her last week as an early birthday gift. She is as effervescent as always, still the same girl that shared a room with me in our childhood home and an apartment with me when we left home.

Today is my friend Helen's birthday. Next week, Jonathan will celebrate his 20th birthday. A few days later it will be Jacob's turn to leave his teens. A few days after that, my dear friend Gail will celebrate her day which will put an end to her insistence on telling every living soul who will listen, that I am her much, much older friend. The next day, my friend Samia will celebrate a milestone birthday ending in a zero. My boys normally celebrate their birthdays together but they haven't decided on a plan yet for this year. Whatever they decide I know there will be much cooking and much cleaning ahead in the month of the lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment