Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve.  Middle age is when you're forced to."  ~Bill Vaughn

It is New Year's Day morning and we are at Cath and Stan's lake house.  The temperature is rising to record levels and the winter wonderland we've been looking at for the past couple of days is slowly melting away.  Everyone is about to head out for a walk - everyone except for me that is.  I've been dealing with a lousy bug the last couple of days.  What I thought was a little head cold developed into a flu-type virus complete with headache and sick stomach.  I managed one glass of champagne last night but no dinner.  I didn't want to take the chance after I lost my lunch.  So for much of yesterday, I slept.  I did manage to get up around 11:00 P.M. and stayed awake long enough to usher in the new year.

It has been an exciting weekend for us in one way.  Merv and I are here at the lake with Cath and Stan, Marg and Bob and Brian and Geraldine. On Friday, Brian was made an Officer of the Order of Canada - a huge honour.  We are all very proud and have enjoyed following all the news coverage these past couple of days.  Other than that, it has been a quiet weekend.  We've been playing cards and watching music DVDs and movies.

I wish all of you the happiest of years.  2012 is going to be a year of change for the world - a universal shift of energy.  Change equals opportunity.  I plan to seize every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment