Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." ~Norman Vincent Peale


The big push is officially on to get the house ready for Christmas. Today I decorated the upstairs tree, put the finishing touches on the foyer garland, made a trip to Creative Bag for my holiday wrappings and put out all the candles I bought to compliment my gold and white Italian Christmas theme. It's been a busy day.

Tomorrow I'm planning to prepare the table gifts that I bought in Rome as well as the ten small panettones I bought yesterday as a second gift for each place setting. The panettones will be individually wrapped in gold netting and tied with white ribbon. The men's gifts of murano glass bottle stoppers will be tied to their panettones. The women's gifts of murano glass pendants will be placed in gold and white crystalline bags and attached to their dinner napkins. I think the table will look nice. I plan to pick up a small low arrangement of white roses and will place a few gold candles on the table which will be covered in a white cloth. Elegant but festive is my aim for this year.

The last few days have brought three unexpected gifts - beautiful Christmas ornaments from my young friend Sara, a lovely pair of blue leather gloves from my very generous friend Ginny and a set of dishes and dip bases from my friend Linda. I'm overwhelmed. All of those gifts were complete surprises. I am reminded that I have wonderful people in my life.

As I've been working on the house preparation today, I've been thinking a lot about the challenges and gifts of this past year. Before the calendar changes to 2010, I hope to share some reflections on the year with all of you. In the event I do not find my way back to this blog before Christmas, I wish you the most joyous of holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment