Friday, September 18, 2009

L'Shana Tovah

"May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year."
(L’shanah tovah tikatev v’taihatem) - Common New Year’s Greeting



Many of my friends will be celebrating Rosh Hashanah this weekend. Jacob is coming home from school to celebrate with his friend Robbie's family and Robbie's mom, my dear friend Judy, has invited me to join them for dinner tomorrow night. I accepted that invitation with gratitude. Not only am I pleased to spend the evening with my son but I'm delighted to mark this important holiday with their family. It will be my first high holiday dinner. Jacob has attended many celebrations of Rosh Hashanah, Hanukkah and Passover. He especially likes going to Robbie's house. Judy makes the best brisket in the world.

Merv is driving to Guelph to pick Jacob up from school. I sent Jacob a note asking what he would like me to have ready for dinner when he comes home. He replied that as long as it's hot, anything will be fine. I remembered that whenever I drove back to Windsor on a Friday night to see my mom and dad, my mom always had a pot of pea soup waiting. So that is what I'm going to make for Jacob tonight. He loves pea soup. I guess things have come full circle.

Wishing everyone, no matter what your religious leanings, a happy new year. May it be a year that brings us all peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment