Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Eat to the Beat

"Never eat more than you can lift." - Miss Piggy


Sixty female chefs. One worthy cause. It is time again for Eat to the Beat. On October 6 at 7:00 p.m. Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada will once again host their signature event at Roy Thompson Hall. A ticket for Eat to the Beat buys a wonderful evening of eating, drinking, socializing and enjoying music. Last year the music was great, the food spectacular, the wine was fine and the martinis were yummy. All this enjoyed for the price of admission ($150) with a tax receipt issued for a portion of the ticket price. Doesn't get much better than that.

I've been to Eat to the Beat a couple of times. The event used to be run in September in a week Merv is always out of town but this year the later date will allow him to join me. Last year I went with Cath, Stan and Nancy. Cath wasn't feeling well and before the doors were even open to the public (we went in early because I am a member of Willow's board), Cath was spread-eagle on the floor, hyperventilating under the registration desk. She ended up in a dark room in Roy Thompson Hall under the watchful eye of a security guard for all but the final thirty minutes of the evening. This year she will do better. My old friend Gail came as did my Alliance Atlantis friends Kim, Mike and Jen. We had a great time.

If anyone is interested, I am in possession of some tickets for purchase. If it's easier, you can buy your tickets on-line at www.eattothebeat.ca. I hope you will join us for this really fun event.

1 comment: