Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's Party Time (Again)

"Drink, and dance and laugh and lie, love the reeling midnight through, for tomorrow we shall die! (But, alas, we never do.)" - Dorothy Parker


I'm about to start preparing dinner for party number three in four days. A small dinner party on holiday Monday became a gathering of ten, last night was Jacob and Jonathon's birthday party and tonight I'm hosting my sister Cathy's birthday party. Leos abound in my life. So far, the party hosting is going well. The kids had a good time last night. Save one sticky mess from an exploding Coke can, the house is more or less intact. I do have an abundance of leftovers however. So much so that for one brief moment, I considered reheating them and serving them tonight. Alas, I went to the supermarket and started fresh.

Tonight's menu is a main course of rosemary rubbed lamb chops served with salad, asparagus, brussel sprouts and potatoes. Appetizers will include shrimp cocktail, sushi and a cheese plate with fresh apricots. Nancy has baked a walnut cake for dessert.

I'm really pleased to host Cathy's party. No one enjoys her birthday more than Cathy. She starts celebrating on August 1 and doesn't consider the celebration closed until August 31. The truth is, there have been years when she started celebrating in July. Good for her. I called her at about 9:30 this morning. She regaled me with the list of all the birthday wishes she had already received. It's fun to see the pleasure she takes in the day.

If you are reading this Cat, Happy, Happy Birthday! I'm so glad to have you as my much older sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment