Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Carpe Manana


"On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it."
Jules Renard


I've been reading t-shirts since we got to Mexico on Sunday. Many of them are funny. Some are filthy and some are both. But my clear favorite is "Carpe Manana". For some reason it tickles me. I also like "I think I broke my liver" and "Who are these people and why am I naked?"

Today we took the ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel. It is a short thirty minute trip on a comfortable, well appointed ferry. There are lots of restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance of the ferry. We started by walking the twenty blocks to catch our ride this morning and then walked, what seemed like another ten miles in Cozumel. We left our hotel at 9 o'clock this morning and returned here at 6 o'clock tonight. Other than our time on the water, our feet were our only means of transit. By the time we landed back in our hotel bar we were both exhausted. Merv suggested we grab a bite at the casual restaurant in the hotel which is the closest to our room rather than walk any further than we must to get dinner in one of the more distant restaurants. Fine with me. After dinner we returned to our room, Merv to reading and dozing and me to a long soak in the hot tub. Did I mention we have a huge marble hot tub in our room?

Tomorrow is earmarked as another day at the beach. Sun, sand and cervesa. Just another boring day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment