Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Of Unions and Yogurt

"I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today."
- Gordon Strachan

I've had a busy couple of days dealing with the union organizing campaign at the clinic at the same time as issues at Willow. My whole day yesterday was consumed with meetings about WTCLS and my whole evening was consumed by a Board meeting at Willow. By the time I got home at 10:00 P.M., I was exhausted and hungry.

Yesterday was day seven, the last day of my vegan challenge. Because the dinner provided at the Board meeting last night was all outside my program, I settled for an orange and a banana for dinner. It was fairly easy for me to pass on the meal. But someone put a plate of two-bite St. Patrick's Day cupcakes on the table in front of me. I swear those cupcakes screamed at me the whole night. I considered taking one home to eat after the clock hit midnight but I resisted. Instead, when I got home, I thought in great detail about all the wonderful things I would eat today.

Probably because I can have anything I want, I didn't get around to eating until about a half-hour ago. I had a small bowl of plain no-fat yogurt with peaches. It tasted sinfully good. Who knew a little bit of yogurt could seem like such a big treat? At some point this afternoon, I'll plan dinner for tonight. There are some lovely steaks in the fridge but somehow, I don't really have the appetite for meat. I might splurge on some eggplant parmesian though. And if a little green cupcake with shamrocks on it should cross my path, I won't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment