Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Secret Garden

"The secret garden is always open now. Open, and awake, and alive. If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden." - Mary in The Secret Garden

Our theatre subscription took us to the Royal Alex tonight for musical version of The Secret Garden. The production consisted of two one-hour acts separated by a fifteen minute intermission. I found the first act to be gray and slow. My declaration that it was boring caught Merv by surprise. He found the first act quite enjoyable. The pace and colour picked up in the second act and I found it far more palatable than the first. Merv dozed through much of it. All in all, it was a tolerable evening, nowhere near the bottom of my theatre-going experiences. It would have to be awfully bad to surpass Little House on the Prairie as the worst production I've sat through. I won't, however, put it on my list of events not to be missed.

On my way to meet Merv for our pre-theatre dinner, I was advised that the legal clinic was served with a union certification application late today. I am beyond disappointed that this has happened. The certification vote is in one week. Looks like I have a lot of work to do between now and then. It's going to be a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment