Friday, February 25, 2011

Beach Therapy

“It’s hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, almost like therapy...Beach Therapy”
-Amy Dykens


Jacob's reading week is coming to an end. He will be returning to Guelph tomorrow. The week has flown by. Our last full day together has been spent in companionable quiet. Jacob is working hard on an assignment that is due on his return to classes. I've been wrapping up loose ends and trying to get organized for our trip on Sunday. Our week in Playa del Carmen is finally here. Our Sunday morning departure should have us on the beach by mid-afternoon. I am so much looking forward to feeling the sun on my shoulders and the sand under my feet. Given that, of late, there are problems with sharks in the shallow water, I don't expect I will spend time in the ocean. But I will enjoy my walks along the shore and save my swimming time for the resort pool. I've downloaded ten books to my e-reader but I think I'll load a few more on just to be sure I have enough. I'm planning to take my netbook so I can blog while I'm away.

I am tired though significantly recovered from the hectic day I had yesterday. My dentist sent me flowers today as an apology for the disastrous appointment I suffered through. Nice to know I wasn't over-reacting. I like to think I'm a good sport but next time I'll be saying "no" to being used as the training guinea pig.

I wish you March week that comes in like a lamb. Hasta luego amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment