Saturday, February 19, 2011

Enchanting Billy

"I can't really explain it,
I haven't got the words
It's a feeling that you can't control
I suppose it's like forgetting, losing who you are
And at the same time something makes you whole
It's like that there's a music playing in your ear
And I'm listening, and I'm listening and then I disappear.
- Lyrics to Electricity from Billy Elliot


Yesterday was a full day. I had coffee with Sara in the morning, picked Jacob up from Guelph in the afternoon and went to the new production of Billy Elliot at the Canon Theatre in the evening. Billy Elliot is simply spectacular. I was enthralled from the beginning of the play to the end. Four young actors rotate through the role of Billy. Last night, Billy Elliot was played by a twelve-year-old ballet dancer. I laughed. I cried. I held my breath. I loved it.

I also loved getting home at the end of the evening to find Jacob laying on the couch watching television. I loved going to bed knowing he was sleeping in the room across the hall. I loved making his breakfast this morning and shopping for groceries to make his favorite foods for dinner tonight. My baby is home. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment