Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cupcake Decorating 101

"When you look at a cupcake, you've got to smile."
~ Anne Byrn


I've rather been neglecting my blog these past couple weeks. There have been so many demands on my time and yet nothing much of interest to write about. An ugly lawsuit at the clinic and annual planning for the clinic and Willow have been sucking up an inordinate amount of time. I did take some time out of my hectic (yet sadly unpaid) work schedule to visit Jacob in Guelph on Friday. He looks wonderful, his hair now a little longer than brush cut, his eyes bright and spirits high. Unfortunately, he came down with a cold, just in time to create a little misery for his coming week of midterms.

I spent the day yesterday sorting through thousands of pages of documents which will be presented at the clinic's hearing at the Human Rights Tribunal tomorrow. A lousy way to spend a Saturday. But Merv very graciously did the grocery shopping yesterday and made a delicious meal last night. It was an unexpected and much appreciated gesture. Today, I took the whole day off to play. I went to cupcake decorating class in Ameliasburg in Prince Edward County.

Hosted by From The Farm Cooking School, the event was more of a play session than a learning session. In fact, I didn't learn anything at all. I did, however, have access to a whole lot of cupcakes (all white), a ton of icing and food dye to make it any colour I wanted, modeling chocolate, sprinkles, candy, piping bags and fancy tips. After two hours of decorating, I left with a baker's dozen cupcakes in various designs and colours. I don't know what I'm going to do with all those cupcakes. Merv isn't a cupcake enthusiast and as much as I'd like to, I don't think my hips or my blood sugar levels will be served by me eating them all. I wonder if the judge would think it an attempt at bribery if I brought a dozen to the hearing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment