Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bead Therapy

“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
- Tina Turner


My day at the Human Rights Tribunal yesterday left me frazzled, stressed and convinced our legal system is in serious need of an overhaul. The case WTCLS has been caught up in these last four years was postponed once again but only after a useless and frustrating morning. I became free of the situation by about 2:00 which left me enough time to grocery shop, wrap Merv's Valentine's Day present, do some house cleaning, spend a half-hour with Brian and Geraldine's new grand daughter and still be back in time to make Merv a special dinner. By the end of the evening I was exhausted. Wound tighter than a drum, I wasn't able to unwind enough to get to bed before 1:00 A.M.

After a long, sound sleep I woke this morning feeling much refreshed. Gail and I made a trip downtown to Queen Street so Gail could buy some Swaroski hearts and I could do some bead therapy. I didn't go with something particular in mind but rather thought I would try to find something that caught my eye. The trip wasn't a resounding success in that I didn't come home with a lot of stuff. But I did find some bright yellow seed pearls, the colour of the sun, and the purple seed pearls I've been looking for since last summer. I'm excited. For the first time ever, I'm going to start a beading project with the express purpose of making something for myself. I've made a lot of jewelry these past few years. I've given most of it away or sold it to raise money for breast cancer charities. A couple of times I've kept something for myself. But, I've never started out with the intention of making something to keep. I've been thinking about those yellow pearls; how they will look with a couple of my favorite summer dresses and my yellow patent leather pumps. Tomorrow I will start stringing. I think I'm going to enjoy this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment