Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Head Cold

"A cold in the head causes less suffering than an idea."
- Jules Renard

Not that there is ever a good time but this week is an especially bad time for me to be coping with the head cold I knew was coming on last night. I had a scratchy throat all day. I drank a lot of liquids, took some Advil and headed to bed early in the hopes of staving it off. No such luck. I woke up this morning with a full blown cold - sneezing, scratchy throat and chest congestion included.

Tomorrow is Rosh Hashanah and Merv and I will be joining Judy and her family to celebrate the holiday. Perhaps her brisket will be the healing balm I need. With just four days until my 60k walk for the Weekend to End Women's Cancers, I'm willing to try just about anything. Today has been a day of chicken soup, lemon ponces and ginger tea. I'll try for another early night tonight. A little extra sleep won't hurt.

If worse comes to worse, I'll head over to Cath's tomorrow and ask Stan to make me one of his healing toddies. I'm not really sure what he puts into it but after taking one, I'm always ready to crash for a long sleep and a good sweat. Whatever it takes to get me through those 60k.

No comments:

Post a Comment