Friday, August 20, 2010

A Flurry of Activity

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep."
- Robert Frost


I met the morning view from my bedroom window with some surprise today. The leaves on the giant maples in the ravine behind us have already started to turn. They are a brilliant red which tells me the ravine will be glorious this fall.

Today is Merv's and my twenty-first wedding anniversary. We are headed to St Jacobs tomorrow for an anniversary party for someone Merv works with who I have yet to meet. We will stay in Waterloo tomorrow night and then drive to Stratford on Sunday to see a play. When were were dating and then first married, we went to Stratford every year but it has been a long time. Tonight we will be home celebrating quietly while Jacob's birthday party goes on downstairs.

I have a lot to do to get ready for tonight. Soon I will leave for Costco to pick up the cake I ordered a couple of days ago. And I'm going to pick up a large beef tenderloin to feed the kids. The menu will also include fusilli with pesto and sundried tomatoes for Jacob's vegetarian friend, caesar salad, corn on the cob and rolls with butter. In addition to cake, I will serve the caramel apples that I'll be making with Sara this afternoon. I've decided to go easy on myself and use paper plates. This is my third party in two weeks and I can't face another big clean up. I'll make a run to the beer store this afternoon and then to the LCBO. I thought I might make a nice pitcher of peach sangria for the girls and perhaps enjoy a glass or two myself.

So many reasons to celebrate. So much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment