Monday, April 26, 2010

Dora

"A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk." ~ O.A. Battista


The expected rain did not materialize on the weekend. It was beautiful on Saturday and a bit gray yesterday but there was no rain. Today the sun is shining and the air is warm. I was out strolling in the mild weather at 6:30 this morning. Brian and Geraldine are away this week and I promised to look after Dora for two days at the end of the week but their plans for her care from their departure on Sunday until Thursday afternoon unexpectedly fell through on Saturday night so Dora came to spend the week with us. She is an easy pup, content so long as she is with us, curled up at my side as I write this blog.

Walking Dora is an adventure. I've spoken to neighbours I've never more than said hello to as they eye me suspiciously wondering why Dora is prancing at the end of the leash in my hand. Dora walks down the street, sniffing every few feet, marking her path and straining at the leash in an effort to chase every bird or squirrel she sees. Yesterday I took her to see my mom. Dora spotted another dog which was just smaller than a pony and she was ready to go after him, all ten pounds of her. His owners laughed at the growling white ball of fluff that constitutes Dora.

I thought I would have Jacob home for this whole week before he starts work a week from today but it looks like it isn't going to turn out that way. Stan could use a hand at the lake so Jacob will be heading to Havelock on Wednesday. That gives us just two days to get him ready for work so I will be taking him shopping for some business clothes sometime in the next two days. Merv has a busy week too with commitments for three evenings. I also have evening commitments so Dora will be spending a couple of evenings with Aunt Cath.

Enjoy this last week of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment