Sunday, February 3, 2013

Flying in Slow Motion

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." - Lewis Carroll

I find myself rushing around a lot lately.  Even though I left myself some extra time to get to Guelph on Friday, I rushed the whole way there.  I kept my eye out for radar and more than pushed the speed limit.  The traffic didn't seem especially heavy but strangely enough, I arrived late.  Yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items.  Everything has been moved in Loblaws again and I struggled to find the items on my list.  Even store employees couldn't tell me where some things had been moved to.  I didn't need that much and expected to be out of the store in twenty minutes.  I rushed through my shopping, frustrated but on full speed.  When I went to check out, I realized I had been in the store for more than an hour.

Even when I'm not rushing, I feel like I'm in a time warp.  If I sit down for ten minutes to relax, the clock will show that twenty minutes have passed.  And yet, at times it feels like the warp is in reverse.  We went to Cath's on Friday night and though we were having a really good time, I was shocked when a glance at the clock told me it was only 8:30.  I could have sworn it was 11 o'clock. 

I haven't figured out what any of this means.  It probably doesn't mean a thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment