Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Feeling The Hot Tin Roof

“What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof?—I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...”  - Tennesse Williams


I think I need a vacation.  I'm tired but it's not just that.  A lazy day in my pajamas would take care of that.  It's more that I'm jumpy.  My nerves are jangled.  I'm feeling a bit like a cat on a hot tin roof.


I'm not sure how I got here.  True there is a lot going on.  I've been helping Cath navigate her exit from the company where she has worked for 37 years.  I've  been immersed in a complex and difficult investigation that escalates by the day.  Monday I had some dental work done, which while not terrible was unpleasant.  Tonight I'm having my annual MRI which admittedly causes me some anxiety year after year. Add to the mix, several friends who are experiencing some difficulties and need support (which I am only too happy to provide) and a former client who  has been making frequent, unreasonable demands and who won't take "no" for an answer.  It's easy to figure out why I'm running on empty.  But feeling like I'm ready to jump out of my skin is a whole other thing.

Tonight I'll design some new jewellery pieces in my mind as I lay stone-still for 45 minutes in the MRI machine. Tomorrow, I'll treat myself to a trip to the bead store to buy the materials to execute those new designs.  Later I'll spend some time looking for a warm destination where Merv and I can spend some leisure time next month.  Sun, sand and easy access to a martini bar will all be on my list of requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment