Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tension

"The name's Bond.  James Bond." - 007 in every James Bond movie

I spent the best part of Saturday cleaning the kitchen cupboards and eliminating all traces of evidence that we've been visited again by mice.  The prospect of the clean up kept me from sleeping for much of Friday night.  It was truly terrifying for me to go through the cupboards, not knowing what I would find.  I realized it was unlikely any mice would be running around in the cupboards in the middle of the day or when I was making so much noise but my severe rodent phobia is not rational.  I know I'm bigger than they are and they're not going to hurt me but it's not about that.  By the fourth hour of cleaning and trying to stuff every crevice with steel wool, I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to slip a drop or two of Baileys into my coffee. 

As I was cleaning the last cupboard, Merv asked if I'd like to go see the new James Bond movie, Skyfall.  As soon as I was done, I raced upstairs to wash up and change my clothes.  Luckily, Merv bought our tickets on-line.  Even then, we were at the back of a very long line of ticket holders waiting to get into the theatre.  We were able to grab a couple of really good seats.  The movie was excellent, suspenseful and intense.  I was captivated from beginning to end. When it was finally over, I was spent.  Between mouse clean up and James Bond, it's a wonder I didn't have a heart attack.

The week promises to be busy with appointments and work.  Whatever surprises it brings, I hope there won't be any rodents involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment