Monday, December 13, 2010

Two More Sleeps

“Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.” - Bill Cosby


Two more exams. Two more sleeps. Two more days. Jacob will be home on Wednesday. I haven't seen him for three weeks. I miss him so much that today I feel like I can hardly breathe. I've been counting the days for weeks now. He is counting the hours. Fifty-two hours. Feels like an eternity.

Tomorrow I will go to the grocery store and buy all his favorites. Wednesday morning I will start cooking up a storm. I plan to wait on him hand and foot the whole time he's home. Jonathan will be home on Saturday. Sara will be home next week but only for one night before she leaves for a family vacation so I won't see her until after Christmas. I don't know when my other kids will be home but I trust they will all converge on our house. So the next few weeks will bring a lot of work, noise and mess. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment