Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale



The start of the month of December means I can go full force in decorating for Christmas. A few items have been creeping into the decor for the last week but I somehow didn't feel I could really go all out before today. At some point this afternoon I will take the ladder into the back storage room and take down the pine garland so I can wrap the bannister. I'll also take a trip to Canadian Tire to buy some red lights for my red and white, Canadian Christmas theme this year. I have just about every other colour but not red. I'll take out my Christmas towels and all my angels and the big Santa. It's all very exciting.

Last year when I was putting all the decorations away, I lost my favorite pair of glasses. I had presumed they would turn up but they never did. I'm hoping that they'll show up in a box of Christmas decorations. In a week or two, Merv will go out and buy the trees. He'll probably wait until Jacob comes home on the 15th.

I'm extremely behind in my shopping this year. I've done the girls and my shelter family but I have nothing for Merv or Jacob, Stan or Bob. The men are hard. They don't need anything and don't seem to long for anything. We will give Jacob money, his favorite gift, but I still need to find some treasures to put under the tree for Christmas morning. Perhaps tomorrow I will make a trek out to the Tommy Bahama outlet store and see if I can find a deal on jeans. He likes Tommy jeans. I'll also keep my eyes out for a couple of great shirts. A trip to the liquor store is also in order. He likes branded beer glasses and there are usually some beer glass gift packs available at this time of the year. As for his dad, I haven't got a clue. Suggestions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment