Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Grateful Heart

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice." ~Meister Eckhart



Jacob is home. The kids gathered at our house last night. The ravine is crimson. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. Later today Merv, Jacob and I will head over to the Moore's for the first of our Thanksgiving dinners this weekend. Last year was the first time we celebrated the holiday with Jonathan's family. We had a wonderful time and are so pleased to be joining them again this year.

If I started right now, I doubt I would have the time to count my many blessings before our second Thanksgiving dinner at Cath's on Monday. I live a life of bounty - family who are the best friends - friends who are family in every way but blood - a beautiful home - health - meaningful work...

No matter how long the list, I will be taking time this weekend to reflect on blessings both large and small. I hope you will take the time to do the same. And when I count my many blessings, you can know with certainty, I will be counting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment