Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mamma Mia

Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed you
Yes, I've been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, now I really know,
My my, I could never let you go.
- Abba


I have just arrived home from a a really fun evening spent in the company of my sisters, the daughter of my heart, Sara and Sara's mother Samia. In honour of Sara's nineteenth birthday next weekend, I bought five tickets to see Mamma Mia at the Princess of Wales. It was fantastic.

I've seen Mamma Mia a couple of times before when it played a long standing engagement at the Royal Alex. I enjoyed it both times I previously saw it but not as much as I did tonight. The cast was first rate - all great singers and great actors. Our seats were in the second row and couldn't have been better. It quadrupled my pleasure to see how much Sara, Samia and my sisters enjoyed it too.

Sara fit so easily into my life when I met her. Her mom is the same. Samia feels like a natural sister who has always had a place in my heart. I feel truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment