Friday, March 2, 2012

Bathing Suit Shopping - The Sequel

"My Dad was so open creatively that I was off in search of black turtleneck bathing suits with long sleeves." - Moon Unit Zappa


In a final act of desperation, I went to the obscenely expensive bathing suit store at Bayview Village yesterday. The sign in the window said 70% off but of course there was nothing on the sale rack that was more than a string and a triangle. I saw lots of beautiful suits. Though the store was empty other than the two sales clerks who stared at me blankly, I had to ask one of them to help me find a suitable option in my size. I knew it wasn't going to be a wonderful experienced when she frowned and took me to a back corner where they kept the larger than model-sized suits. If the suits at the front of the store looked like the height of swimsuit fashion, the back corner looked like the place where old suits went to die. There were only a couple of options - one gray and one black with a smattering of turquoise. The gray suit turned out to be far too large and I needed to go down a couple of sizes in order for it to fit. Somehow though, even in the right size, I couldn't wrap my head around a grey bathing suit. The black and turquoise fit acceptably though it is a bit boring. For the price of it, it should make me look like a swimsuit model. I sucked it up, handed over my Visa and promised myself to make the suit last a lifetime. I can't imagine I'll ever be willing to go swimsuit shopping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment