Friday, December 16, 2011

Homecoming


"A first-rate soup is more creative than a second-rate painting."
- Abraham Maslow


The pea soup is simmering in the stockpot on top of the stove and his sheets are tumbling in the dryer. In just a few hours, Jacob will be home for the Christmas holidays. I'm excited.

As I hadn't seen him for four weeks, the longest time we've been apart in his life, I decided I couldn't wait until today and so I went to Guelph to take him out for lunch last Tuesday. We spent a few lovely hours over a leisurely lunch and then did a bit of Christmas shopping before we went back to Jacob's place where he resolved some troublesome computer problems I had been having. Parting that day was a little better than usual because I knew today he would be home. Before I left I asked him what he wanted me to have ready when he got here. He told me whatever I made would be fine but his roommate Abby told me to make pea soup. She said that Jacob often speaks about my pea soup and how much he loves it. So, pea soup it is.

The trees are up and the banister is decorated. Merv did the downstairs tree and I did the upstairs tree - almost. I didn't put the star on the top. I decided to wait for Jacob. He'll have the honor of placing the star this year and that seems right. My baby is coming home. Now it's Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment