Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tragedy Tomorrow, Comedy Tonight

No royal curse, no Trojan horse,
And a happy ending, of course!
Goodness and badness,
Panic is madness--
This time it all turns out all right!
Tragedy tomorrow,
Comedy tonight!
- Lyrics from "Comedy Tonight" performed at A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum


It has been two weeks since I last wrote in this blog. Two weeks of celebration and parties, rich food and good champagne, music and laughter, and quiet days spent in the comforting company of Jacob. Today that all officially ends.

Last night Jacob and I attended A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. As Merv was leaving early this morning for a trip to Florida, he didn't want a late night so Jacob accompanied me to the theatre to use our subscription tickets. The play was light and there was the occasional chuckle but I couldn't help but feel that the show is past its expiration date. In spite of the lackluster event, we still had fun.

Today I will drive Jacob back to Guelph. First I will stop at the grocery store and lay in a supply of steaks, ribs and chops to fill the freezer in Jacob's kitchen. And then the drive. It's been so great to have him home. I'm struggling a bit at the prospect of sleeping in this empty house tonight.

To distract myself from the pain, I will work on making trip arrangements for the end of the month. Our dear friend Brian managed to secure four tickets to Oprah's show on January 26 so Geraldine, Cath, Nan and I will fly to Chicago on January 25. I'm very excited. I don't know what the show will be about that day but I don't care. Attending a taping of the Oprah Show has been on my bucket list for years and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to cross it off in the show's farewell season.

I have lots of meetings lined up for the coming week. Lots of work to do for WTCLS and for Willow. Paying clients remain harder to come by though I'm hoping my upcoming marketing efforts will line up some business. I'm trusting that everything will unfold as it is intended by the universe. And I'm planning to savour every day of this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment