Friday, May 7, 2010

May Days

"The world's favorite season is the spring.
All things seem possible in May."
- Edwin Way Teale


These first days of May have flown by in a blink. By the end of today Jacob will have his first week of work under his belt. He is finding the work a bit tedious but is doing it without complaint, grateful for the chance to earn money this summer. As he pointed out to me after his second day, the work is a bit boring but at least he isn't flipping burgers at McDonalds. Merv ends his last full week of employment at Unity Life. He has had a series of lunches and dinners all week and says he can already feel the extra pounds creeping on his waistline.

I've had a good week of work and pleasurable activities. I'm working on developing a management training course for one of my clients. I will be teaching the course on May 18. A few days later I will be speaking at another seminar along with my friend David Cote on Bill 168 (Workplace Violence) which affects all employers in the Province of Ontario. It is a complex law which imposes onerous obligations on employers and I'm hoping to get some work helping companies meet their obligations. I spent a few hours this week making some new jewelry including a lovely copper pearl necklace and some terrific sterling and crystal earrings. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my friend Geraldine helping her to make a pink rosary. My creative juices are flowing - inspired by the beautiful sunny afternoons and lush ravine outside my windows.

The weekend promises to be busy. Merv and I will attend a 50th birthday party for one of his colleagues tomorrow and I will celebrate Mother's Day by spending some time with my mom on Sunday. She, of course, won't understand that it is Mother's Day but that really makes no difference. I know and that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment