Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sell It To Somebody Else



“Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
 
 I don't have Sam in my pants and even if I ever need to, it is unlikely I ever will.  I am so disgusted by the advertising campaign for Poise pads that I would rather wet myself than use this product.  Likewise for the Cottonelle cleaning system, the ads for which make the little hairs stand up on the back of my neck whenever they come on.  I don't want to listen to people talk about how they clean their bums.  The premise of the ads - crashing a wedding reception to talk to guests or talking to men about their posterior hygiene routine while speed dating offends me to my core.  Cottonelle is the brand of tissue I've been buying for years.  I'm in the market for a new brand.

How did we get to this point?  There have been ads that offended my sensibilities in the past (though you would probably think me nuts to be upset by an m&ms candy commecial) but nothing like these ads.  They are crude, rude and gross.  It may not be worth much but until these ads are off the air, I will be boycotting these products. There are enough disgusting things in the world without adding these annoyances to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment