Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving

"Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling.  Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse."  - Henry Van Dyke

It is a glorious morning.  The air is crisp, the sun shining, the ravine a breathtaking palette of green, gold and orange.  Thanksgiving morning.  A two-coffee morning for lounging over the newspaper and maybe even an old movie.  Later there will be turkey, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.  Lots of family, lots of chaos.  But not this morning.  This morning there is just quiet splendor.

To say I'm grateful for the life I have doesn't begin to cover it.  My life has a richness that cannot be quantified.  There are riches that can be counted, to be sure but how does one count the love, the hope, the beauty?  I can no more count them than I can count the leaves on the trees in the autumn ravine.  God is great.  I am blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment