Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Cracked


Cracked

I am a rock, dull and gray
You sit on my back when you need respite
I am strong and smooth and I bear your weight without seeming effort.

While you sit on my back, I absorb your pain and sorrow, fear and worry.
Small cracks form in my skin then fill with cold rain and blistering heat,
Sun and wind and sand.  The cracks get deeper and wider.

In time, tiny pieces of me begin to chip away.  I’m not so smooth anymore.
You still sit on my back but it is not always so comfortable. 
My chips and cracks begin to chafe at your skin.  Time to move on.  Time to find a new rock.

You will never know what I did with your fear and your pain,
When I mixed it with the energy of the sun and offered it to the source of creation
Because to see what it created in me, you have to look into the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment