Thursday, January 25, 2018

J A C K I E

"A  rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - William Shakespeare

It's petty but it's getting under my skin.  An old friend of mine, writes my name as Jacquie.  She comments frequently on my Facebook page.  Perhaps because people see her comments so often, a number of my other Facebook friends have started writing my name as Jacquie, Jaquie, Jaqui or even just Jacq, I guess as a derivation from my full first name.  But my name is Jackie.  I have always written it as Jackie.  I sign my name as Jackie.  I sell my wares under the name "Jackie's Creations".  I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but it does.  It annoys my sister, Cathy, when people spell her name with a K after they have seen her name correctly spelled with a C.  Perhaps we are all sensitive to the use of our names. Perhaps I'm just nuts.

My name is Jackie.  And while it is pronounced just the same as Jacquie, Jacquie and Jaqui, to my eyes it does not look as sweet when it is not correctly spelled.

1 comment: