Thursday, February 5, 2015

And Then...

David dropped my Blackberry off mid-morning.  As the battery was low, I plugged it in to recharge.  It froze.  I took out the battery.  Nothing.  I turned it on and off.  Nothing.  An hour later, my friend Maurice stopped by.  I used his phone to call Bell about our land line.  They won't get a technician here until late tomorrow. Maurice is a techie but despite his best efforts, he couldn't get my Blackberry unstuck.  After several attempts, he called Rogers.  The news wasn't good.  My device had been corrupted.  Maurice had to reinstall all the software.  I lost everything on my device - all my pictures, call history, contact list, BBMs and texts.  I had some of it, though not as much as I should have, backed up.  Jacob will have a lot of work to do to try to get me back in working order.  Good thing I paid those five years of tuition for him to get a degree in computer engineering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment