Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Hardest Goodbye

"Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power, has that ability to comfort."   Norman Kolnas

The shortribs are simmering in the slow cooker and the chili is simmering on the stove. Tomorrow Jacob is going back to school and I'm cooking up a storm to fill his freezer. Before we head to Guelph, we will stop at Costco and shop to fill his pantry. At least I won't have to worry about whether or not he's eating.

 It's hard to believe the summer has already passed. The days are still warm but the nights have become crisp. I will soon pack away my sun dresses and take out my sweaters. The Weekend to End Women's Cancers is little more than a week away. I have a book launch party and a reunion of old friends to look forward to. I'm trying not to be sad. Jacob is leaving. It's still hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment