Friday, June 29, 2012

Another Birthday

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life." - Daniel Francois Esprit Auber

My birthday has almost arrived and has become our tradition, we will be heading to the lake this afternoon for the Canada Day weekend. I've packed my suitcase with the casual clothes that make up my cottage wear but I've thrown in a dress for my birthday dinner which I expect we will have on Sunday in combination with our Canada Day celebration. Marg and Bob will join Cath, Stan, Merv, Jacob and I as we raise the flag, sing the national anthem and toast the splendor of our nation. We are lucky people.

Late this afternoon, Cath and I will take a flight over Belmont Lake in a seaplane owned by a friend of mine who happens to have a cottage across the lake from Cath's. I bought the flight at a silent auction last October and while it was for a flight over Toronto, my friend Ron was more than amenable to changing the venue to Belmont Lake.

I will also take some time this weekend, as I do every year in the days leading up to my birthday, to reflect on the past year and set some goals for the next. I am excited. I can feel it in my bones - 57 is going to be a great year.

1 comment: