Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wisdom Teeth

"A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew. " - Herb Caen


My baby had his four impacted wisdom teeth taken out today. Merv took him to the appointment and brought him home. I took over once he was back. He's looking a bit like a chipmunk. His cheeks are swollen though so far there are no signs of bruising. He's in a considerable amount of pain but he hasn't complained. Jacob is brave. I've never heard him complain about pain or illness. My big challenge for the day was to get him to agree to eat and drink. It was a couple of hours before I could get a glass of water in him and a couple after that before he would have some juice. By dinner time I could see that he was suffering from hunger pangs. He hadn't eaten since dinner last night. While no amount of coaxing could get him to eat this afternoon, I decided to try a different tack so I scrambled a couple of eggs and put them in front of him. Within a few minutes he was licking the plate so I scrambled a couple more. They similarly disappeared followed by a cup of chocolate pudding and a cup of applesauce. He felt better. I felt better.


No comments:

Post a Comment