Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Lazy Sunday Morning

“The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.” - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It's still raining but no complaint from here as there is no shoveling required. I'm having a lazy morning, reading the newspaper, doing the crossword puzzle and sudokus. I was up just after seven but soon realized the time changed last night so it was in fact after eight. I love Sunday mornings like this. I have no commitments until this afternoon when I will spend time with Mom and my sisters. I may head out to the nursing home a little bit early to do some shopping. And I have some work to do as my schedule was a bit screwed up on Friday when I found myself, most of the day, without heat, cable (thus no internet connection) or telephone service after the furnace installers accidentally drilled through some wires. I was too frustrated and cold to concentrate on work so I did some beading (which I quit when I hopelessly tangled my beading silk) and read a little bit. But I'm now behind in my work.

I have just a couple of weeks left on my contract at Willow so I'm trying to finish up all the process work that I'm committed to doing. I will be in Calgary for most of next week - heading out on the 22nd to do some work for an engineering company that I've been working with on and off for the past year or so. I need to do some real planning for this trip as somehow I need to figure out how to pull another bunny from my hat. And I've got some board work to do for the Clinic this week too. All in all, the week is shaping up to be jam packed. All the more reason to enjoy this lazy Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment